Are you having trouble finding trampoline insurance coverage?
Well, it’s no wonder that it’s tough to find backyard trampoline insurance coverage! Trampolines can be fun, of course, but according to a U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission estimate*, trampoline accidents were the cause of more than 83,000 annual injuries that resulted in emergency room visits. Avoid being a statistic:
- Limit the number of jumpers to one at a time.
- Supervision is needed for children at all times.
- Use a trampoline enclosure to prevent “over the edge” tumbles.
- Establish and enforce rules before use.
- Remove trampoline ladders after use to prevent unsupervised access by young children.
- Anchor the trampoline and enclosure to the ground by using a trampoline anchor kit.
How to find trampoline insurance coverage
You’re right. Many homeowner’s insurance companies do not want to cover backyard trampolines. So, what can you do about it? As independent insurance agents, Mountain Lakes Insurance represent many different companies offering lots of different insurance products. We can shop among different carriers to find homeowner’s insurance coverage for trampolines. Please follow the tips above (the company’s insurance inspector will be glad you do), and contact Mountain Lakes Insurance to find the right trampoline insurance coverage for you and your family.
* 2011 statistics, U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.
Adapted from information provided by Traveler’s Insurance.