Contact Us

Call, email, chat or visit us today!

Call Us

(770) 926-9444

Visit Us

8744 Main St Suite 301 Woodstock, GA 30188-4901


Frequently Asked Questions

What is liability coverage on a personal automobile policy?

When you are at fault in an accident, liability coverage pays for bodily injury and property damage to others that results from the accident.

What is Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist:

This coverage pays for injuries and property damage you differ in an accident when the driver at fault either is uninsured or does not have enough insurance to cover your injuries and damage. It will also cover you in the event that a hit-and-run driver flees the scene and you cannot file a claim against that driver’s insurance company.

I carry a comprehensive and collision deductible on my vehicle. What do each of those deductibles cover?
  • Comprehensive deductible covers damage to your car caused by something other than a collision. Examples: theft, fire, hail, flood, earthquakes, vandalism, contact with persons or animals, failing objects.
  • Collision deductible covers damage to your car caused by contact from another vehicle or object.
Homeowners Dwelling Coverage and how it is determined?

This part of your policy pays to repair or rebuild your home for damage caused by covered peril. The dwelling limit is to make sure that your policy covers the cost to replace the structure, not market value or just what you still owe on it.

Each of our carries calculate dwelling coverage based on specifics of the residence such as; year built, square footage, foundation type, number of garage spaces, number of bathrooms, finishes, flooring type(s), etc.

Most standard policies also cover other structures, personal property, and loss of use. Generally, these coverages are calculated using a percentage of the dwelling limit. These are automatic limits to the policy meaning you are not paying extra for these coverages.

What is a Personal Umbrella policy and what does it cover?

An umbrella policy provides additional coverage or “excess liability” above the limits of your basic policies. It can protect you from bodily injury liability claims and property damage liability claims. Umbrella policies also provide a broader form of coverage and can help cover legal fees, libel, and slander. The base policy limit usually starts at 1 million.

What is vehicle glass coverage and how does it work?

This coverage needs to be purchased in conjunction with the comprehensive deductible. It provides coverage in the event you suffer a glass breakage loss. Most carriers will waive the comprehensive deductible if the glass can be repaired. Some offer a separate deductible for glass replacement claims.

I have a rental property, what type of policy do I need?

If you own a residence that a tenant resides in, you will need what is call a Dwelling Fire policy (sometimes called a landlord policy). This is a property policy in place for locations that are not owner occupied. These properties cannot be written on a standard homeowners’ form since the named insured is not living in the residence. A Dwelling Fire policy insures the property minus the personal property brought in by the tenant(s). Property owners should require each tenant to carry renters’ insurance to cover their personal property and liability.

I own a home or building but it is vacant, can I still buy an insurance policy?

Yes. A vacant policy can be purchased for structures that have no occupants. These policies are usually very basic in coverage and offer limited extended coverage’s. These policies are also covered on a market value basis (replacement cost not available).

Do I notify my agent when a property I own becomes vacant?

Yes. Each carrier has a vacancy clause which will exclude losses if the structure is vacant during time of loss (usually this is a 30-day period). If you do not notify your agent of change in occupancy, you could be at risk for gaps or exclusions of coverage and ultimately the cancellation of the policy.

Are there discounts available for insurance policies?

Absolutely. On your personal insurance policies there are several discounts that can be applied. One of the largest discounts given is ‘bundling’. This is when you have both the home & auto accounts with the same carrier. Additional discounts that could be available are:

  • Active alarm system- proof is required
  • Mature insured- AARP or AMAC members (member # required)
  • New roof- proof required
  • Discount for paying premium in full
  • Good Student for children (A/B average- copy of report card required)
  • Driver training credit- course must have been completed within last 3 years. Certificate of course completion required
  • Youthful operator away at school over 100 miles without a vehicle.

Email Us

Have a Question Or Need to Make An Appointment? Email Us!